Dec 2023: Please note the new rules about mileage (under “Ground Transportation”).
Also, the travel page has been divided into separate pages (see the menu on the left) for easier reading.
- All employee travel is now handled through Concur. There are two main components: Requests and Expenses.
- You will create your own requests/expense reports.
- You are responsible for making your own bookings and other travel arrangements. See “Before the Trip”.
- Make sure to get receipts for everything (except meals). Credit card statements will be rejected!
- Please look through the Concur documentation.
- See UNC Travel Services’ Get Started page for your responsibilities and a helpful checklist.
Things to Keep in Mind
- When you create a request or expense report, please include your last name, the conference name/destination, and the beginning trip date.
- Items like supplies, local hiring, etc are usually not considered travel expenses. See the section on cash advances under purchasing.
- Full-time permanent employees may apply for a Travel and Expense card. This is a corporate Visa card that can only be used for travel and business entertainment.
- Don’t assume you’ll be paid back for a non-standard expense; please ask your travel contact.
- You can only be paid back for your own travel expenses, meaning your plane ticket, your hotel room, etc. If you pay for someone else’s hotel room/flight/etc., you will not be paid back, although it’s possible they could be.
If you need help, please contact the appropriate person below:
|COFIRES / Characklis Lab
|IEHS / Fry Lab
|OSHERC/NIOSH training grant (Nylander-French)